Room Hire: Terms and Conditions
Invoices will be sent within one month of the event. Payment is due within 30 days of invoice date.
Will be subject to the following;
– Less than one week’s notice of cancellation, 50% of room hire fee will be charged;
– Less than 48 hours’ notice, 100% of room hire fee plus catering charges will be charged.
CIDO will use its best endeavours to ensure that any meeting or presentation will go ahead as booked. However, CIDO will not be held responsible or liable in the event that the meeting cannot go ahead for reasons outside of its control or because it has not received full, comprehensive details of the IT or other requirements for the meeting or presentation at least 24 hours in advance.
Terms and Conditions
- The Hirer should determine that the facilities to be hired are suitable for their purposes prior to booking.
- The use of the premises must not interfere with the proper working of the establishment or impair its efficiency. In particular the Hirer acknowledges that they will not have exclusive use of the site.
- The Hirer shall pay the hiring fees as quoted.
- The Hirer is responsible for the preservation of good order during the hiring.
- Cido reserves the right to exclude individuals or companies that it considers undesirable or inappropriate.
- No smoking is allowed.
- If any special equipment is required, it must be clearly stated at the time of booking. An extra charge will be made for this service, and Cido must be satisfied that a competent person will supervise the use of the equipment.
- The Hirer will be responsible for health and safety of the users.
- The Hirer will be responsible for the selection and supervision of all third parties it engages to provide services for the event, including ensuring that such third parties have in place sufficient insurance to cover their liabilities.
- No function shall extend beyond the hiring period and the Hirer shall completely vacate the premises by that time, unless special arrangements have been agreed.
- After use, the Hirer must leave the premises in a clean and tidy condition and the Hirer’s property removed. Cido reserves the right to recover from the Hirer any additional expenses incurred as a result of non-compliance with this condition.
- Cido reserves the right to cancel any hiring without notice if:
- the accommodation will, due to circumstances outside their control, be unavailable for the hire period, or
- the Hirer has failed to disclose material information concerning the proposed hiring, or
- there are reasonable grounds to conclude that the Conditions of Hire may be breached to a material extent.
- in the event of (a) all hiring fees will be refunded to the Hirer, but the Establishment shall have no further liability to the Hirer.
- In the event of (b) and (c) any refund of hiring fees shall be at the discretion of the Cido.
- The Hirer is responsible for the safe guarding and safe keeping of all items belonging to them, its guests/delegates or third parties engaged by it. Cido accepts no responsibility for such items.
- Hirer’s Insurance – Indemnity Clause. In accordance with the terms of hiring it is customary to require persons/ organisations to accept responsibility for damage to the premises and its equipment and for the Third Party claims involving injury to persons and/or damage to property.
- Injury to persons or property
The Hirer shall indemnify Cido against all claims for damages, compensation and/or costs in respect of bodily injury or illness to Third Parties, including Cido agents and/or damage or loss to Third Party property caused by, or arising out of, or being incidental to the hirer’s use of the premises.
Damage to premises and equipment
The Hirer shall be responsible for the loss of, or damage to the premises and contents therein, which is the property of Cido, except when loss or damage to the premises or contents are as a result of the negligence of Cido.
The Hirer shall hold adequate insurance to cover this liability with a minimum limit of indemnity of £10 million for commercial room hire except where otherwise agreed £5 million for non-commercial room hire.